FREE Exponents Doodle Notes
When students color or doodle in math class, it activates both hemispheres of the brain at the same time. There are proven benefits of this cross-lateral brain activity:
- new learning
- relaxation (less math anxiety)
- visual connections
- better memory & retention of the content!
Students fill in the sheet, answer the questions, and color, doodle or embellish. Then, they can use it as a study guide later on.
- base and exponent
- exponents as repeated multiplication
- how to simplify an expression with an exponent (with practice problems)
- dealing with exponents with a negative base (This part is just a small strip at the bottom that you can cut off if your class does not cover negative numbers.)
Keywords: basic operations, numbers, order of operations, 5th grade, 6th grade, 7th grade, activities, printables, graphic organizers
Author: Math Giraffe